If the feed tank seizes (or stops) while the feed tank is full of oil, sometimes this can be remedied by:
- setting the feed temperature to 130 degrees C for 30 minutes
- then re-engage the pump
If you have followed the above steps and this does not fix your problem, you may then try the following steps:
- remove the perforated shroud covering the gear (coupling the motor to the gear pump)
- rotate the gear by hand
- and then reengage the pump
If your problem still persists, then try the following:
- turn the feed system off
- wait for the product to cool completely
- then follow SOP-Gear Pump Clean
More information can be found in SOP – Gear Pump Clean.
If you need additional assistance, please call technical support at +1 (206) 452-1130.