Gear pumps are used to move product through the system and can occasionally become clogged by solid debris in the product. When this happens, typically the system is shut down, and the gear pump must be removed and cleaned before resuming operation. This procedure is detailed in SOP – Gear Pump Clean.
Best practices for preventing accumulation of debris within the product include:
- use of proper extraction temperatures
- maintaining proper cleanliness in the lab
- keeping containers of extract covered
- pouring crude into the feed tank through a fine wire sieve
- ensuring proper heat transfer and mixing during the decarboxylation and devolatilization process
More information can be found in SOP – Gear Pump Clean.
If you need additional assistance, please call technical support at +1 (206) 452-1130.